16-20.04.2018 International Staff Training Week at the University of Applied Sciences in Nysa
University of Applied Sciences in Nysa has been hosting the International Staff Training Week already for the 6th time. More than 30 participants from 10 countries have participated in the event (including: Spain, France, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Kosovo, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Montenegro, Turkey, India and Poland).
The main topic of the meeting was: “Threats and opportunities of international cooperation” together with issue of "Universities` Internationalisation in wide perspective". That`s why in the programme there were such sessions as the following:
- Internationalisation process at the University by Anna Opalka, Head of the UAS Nysa ICO
- International Summer Schools - examples of best practices , by the Lumnije Bajrnami, Head of the University of Pristina ICO and Anna Opalka, Head of the UAS Nysa ICO
- Intercultural understanding – the key to international cooperation by Anna Opalka, Head of the UAS Nysa ICO
- Internationalisation from India perspective -dr Padeep Kumar, UAS Nysa and IEEF
The main open lecture was conducted on 18th of April by Mrs Magdalena El Gamari, PhD. The topic was strongly connected with the “International cooperation versus terrorism and national security threats and prejudices” and gathered almost 200 participants including UAS in Nysa staff members and students.
Abstract: download PDF
Dr El Ghamari is a specialist in terrorism, cultural security, Islam, operations and operational techniques. She heads the Cultural Security Workshop at the Collegium Civitas Centre for Social and Economic Risk Research. Her research interests include issues related to the Arab-Muslim area, Islamic fundamentalism, threats to international security, terrorism, migration, intercultural communication and Arabic studies. She also specializes in the subject of crisis emergency operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, NATO operations and the theory of military operations.
She teaches and cooperates with NATO’s Civil-Military Cooperation Centre of Excellence (Enschede Holland), Frontex (Warsaw), the European Academy of Diplomacy, the Training Centre for the Needs of NATO Peackeeping Forces, UNESCO, Intervention Groups of the Prison Guard, the Border Guard and the police. She has conducted classes for participants of Polish military contingents in the area of operations in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya.
She founded and manages the work of the El-Karama Foundation. Furthermore, she is a member of the Euro-Atlantic Association, the Association of Veterans of UN Peacekeeping Missions, the Polish Society for Security Sciences, the Polish Society for International Studies, the Polish-Albanian Society and the International Institute for Private, Commercial and Competition Law in Tirana. Magazine „e-terroryzm” and Security Review redaction member.
Author of publications on international security, interculturalism and Arab-Muslim, Dr El Ghamari’s œuvre includes Cross-Culture Awareness in Crisis Response Operations (2013), Between Culture and Religion, Military Operations in Iraq and Afghanistan (2015), Cool Jihad (2017), Cultural Security in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (2017), and The essence of conducting operations in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Cultural context (2017).
Integral and important part of the International Week were following lectures given by foreign universities representatives for UAS in Nysa Students.
- Prof. Uliana Potyatynyk – Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
Punctuation in English: To be or Not To Be Taught; Language Change : sociolinguistic perspectives
Effectiveness of Trump's Rhetoric: Cognitive and Discourse Analytical Perspectives
- Prof. Panukhnyk Olena - Ternopil Ivan Puluj National Technical University: "Estimating the added value"
- Prof.Ivica Petrović – University of Mostar: Bosnien und Herzegowina in deutschsprachigen Reiseberichten
- Assist. Prof. Vladimir Drekalović - University of Podgorica:"Aristotle's formalism and language in concluding"
- Elisenda Vilajoliu Galceran – University of Barcelona: "Language Exchange Service at University of Barcelona"
- Pachón García Fernando Tomás- Catholic University of Ávila"Statistics and its applications to computerized electromagnetism"
On 19th of April 2018 participants of the Staff Training Week took part in seminar: "Language and Culture as a Challenge in Higher Education" organised by theUAS in Nysa Institute of Neophilology.
International Staff Training Week has been organised by the International Cooperation Office who, except from the scientific programme enabled its visitors to learn about didactic and research facilities of the UAS in Nysa as well as interesting cultural programme in Nysa.
International Week objectives: http://www.pwsz.nysa.pl/index.php?p=25&ak=43,6589,0