Message no 2, related to 21-22.05.2020
International Scientific Symposium.
Faculty of Medical Sciences and Faculty of Health Sciences and Physical Culture
Student`s Scientific Association of Nursing and Emergency Medical Rescue, UAS in Nysa
International Cooperation Office, UAS in Nysa
organize on 21-22.05.2020 International Scientific Symposium on subject “Condition of healthcare, staff deficit and attractiveness of medical studies – challenges for students and universities".
The proceedings will be combined with the activity of the participants of "International Week - Erasmus".
Feel free to contact the Organizing Committee by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
So far, the work on organizing the Symposium led to the formulation of the program outline, which is available at: http://pwsz.nysa.pl/konferencja_21_05_2019/program.pdf
It is worth comparing the original scope of topics (see Communication No. 1) with the outline of anticipated events.
In addition to individual presentations, we are currently planning to organize three important panel discussions, namely: 1. Discussion on the topic: "The state of health care in Poland and our own guidelines for its reform or improvement"; 2. "Long-term vision of professional, holistic career of nurses and the possibility of opening the offices of nurses providing treatment."; 3. "The possible role of medical personnel in influencing global climate change by promoting dietary habits."
The languages of the Symposium will be Polish and English.
We plan that these discussions will be listened by many invited people, who will have also the opportunity to express their own point of view.
It is still possible to submit papers focused on the subject, specified in Communication No. 1. Abstracts of the proposed papers can be submitted by February 1, 2020, by sending them to email@example.com . Please also register your participation via the form available at: https://forms.gle/6xdpVMTtSLbrFzc88
It is planned that the Publishing Office of UAS in Nysa will issue a monograph containing the submitted papers. The journal: Medical Science Pulse - PMWSZ - Opole will also help us to publish and promote the works presented at the Symposium. https://medicalsciencepulse.com/resources/html/cms/MAINPAGE
Living matters during the conference: Symposium participants coming to the meetings under the Erasmus program will receive appropriate certificates of participation. We will also certify delegation forms. We urge you to arrange any accommodation on your own. A map of Nysa, determining the location of hotels, can be helpful by clicking on the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I-EY_rpL56pF_bEmKD4Ax808C0GFNBW6&usp=sharing . Known restaurant located in the city center see: https://www.facebook.com/KazamatyNysa/
Please note that the website is dedicated to the conference ( http://konferencje.pwsz.nysa.pl/conf/3 ) provides many other important information about the planned conference. You can also read there many abstracts of submitted reports and some full papers.
21-22.05.2020 International Scientific Symposium Call for papers
“Condition of healthcare, staff deficit and attractiveness of medical studies
– challenges for students and universities"
1. Symposium Theme
International Scientific Symposium:
“Condition of healthcare, staff deficit and attractiveness of medical studies – challenges for students and universities
2. Conceptual issues
- Exchange of experience between people willing to reform the healthcare system, reduce staff deficit and increase the attractiveness of medical studies
- Plan of a forum gathering work and ideas of student research groups working both in a country and abroad
- Promotion of nursing studies and medical rescue studies
The major topics of the symposium are the experience exchange, and proposal of innovative solutions to increase both the attractiveness of medical studies as well as the quality of education, which would consequently reduce the problem of medical staff deficit.
3. Additional topics of the symposium
- Advanced competencies and personal development of nurses, medical rescuers and other medical professions. ; Appendix 1 – submitted papers` topics from the University of Applied Sciences Nysa for Your consideration.
- Results of measurements evaluation and assessment on “Medical studies attractiveness and life satisfaction of students and medical graduates in Poland and other European countries.” (already confirmed partners: Czech Republic, Slovakia). Questionnaire- see Appendix 2.
- Possible ways to improve the “medical studies attractiveness ” and “quality of education” (nursing, emergency medical rescue, health sciences (dietetics, cosmetology, psychophysical human development)
- Challenges and innovations in the healthcare. Exemplary list- see Appendix 3
- Other topics related to the health science.
- Institute of Medical Sciences and Institute of Health Sciences of UAS in Nysa
- Student`s Scientific Association of Nursing and Emergency Medical Rescue, UAS in Nysa
- International Cooperation Office, UAS in Nysa
5. Language of instruction
The language of the "International Scientific Symposium" will be English. In order not to discourage students, we plan to allow the presentation of some papers in Polish with simultaneous translation. The International Scientific Symposium will also include paper sessions for foreign guests participating in the "International Week" and several student sessions.
6. Monograph Publication
It is planned that the publishing house of PWSZ in Nysa will issue a monograph containing the presented papers. Medical Science Pulse Journal based on University of Medical Applied Sciences, Opole, https://medicalsciencepulse.com/resources/html/cms/MAINPAGE will also help us to publish and promote the papers presented at the Symposium.
We encourage all the interested participants to inform us about the active participation as soon as possible, by sending a one-page summary (no more than 250 words, preferably with structure: 1. aim, 2. methodology, 3. results, 4. conclusions). These abstracts will be available online at the special Symposium website before the conference.
The deadline for submitting abstracts: 1.02.2020
The deadline for submitting full papers: 1.03.2020
Abstracts to be sent on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior registration on-line with or without paper: https://forms.gle/6xdpVMTtSLbrFzc88