12th INTERNATIONAL STAFF TRAINING WEEK in Nysa, 16-20.05.2022
"Crisis management – personal, institutional and global aspects”
University of Applied Sciences in Nysa is organising 12th International Staff Training Week for the academic and administration staff members.
"The journey of our lives is not just about the destinations we have reached.
Our wisdom, education and personal growth come from the people we meet,
the paths we choose to follow and the lessons we have learned along the way." -- Unknown
Crisis management could be analysed from various perspectives and across multiple disciplines. It is a critical function of any organisation where a failure may result in serious harm and consequences, but more often it tackles personal aspect of every human put in unexpected situation that we have no influence on.In global perspective we may start from risk management which involves assessing potential threats and finding the best ways to avoid those threats. Then we move to crisis management that involves dealing with threats before, during, and after they have occurred. It is a discipline within the broader context of management consisting of skills and techniques required to identify, assess, understand, and cope with a serious situation, especially from the moment it first occurs to the point that recovery procedures start.
During the International Staff Training Week we would like to make a challenge to synthesize what we know about crisis management in private life, organisational performance and global perspective, to provide a better understanding of the relation between the internal and external dynamics of a crisis and learn about effective crisis management.
The objective of the 12th ISTW is:
- to share information and best practices on the cooperation within the Erasmus + Programme
- to participate in the thematic sessions according to the current programme
- to encourage other partner institutions, Erasmus+ students at the UAS in Nysa and Polish students to study at partner universities represented at the ISTW
- to meet people from your area of expertise at the UAS in Nysa or partner institutions and to discuss the existing cooperation, share 'best practices' as well as to share upcoming events information among the participants
- to strengthen the cooperation between staff and students in terms of future projects and programmes
Additional activities during the event:
- Lectures for the students of UAS Nysa and polish students (prior acknowledgement)
- Meetings with the Departments (on request)
- Guided tour through Nysa wonders
Registration deadline: 15.04.2022
APPLICATION ON-LINE: https://forms.gle/qRpCwmqXk16Y5Hme6
Detailed schedule: PDF
In case of potential restrictions due to pandemic situation in Europe, event will be partially organised on-line.